- What is Secondary Double Glazing?
- Secondary glazing is another window fitted on the inside of you
existing window, our system is aluminium with a hardwood sub-frame, it
is some times called secondary windows.
- Will it eliminate
- Yes, but we recommend that you draught proof the existing window as
- Will it reduce
- Yes, considerably, for extra sound proofing consider a different
thickness of glass to the existing glass, different thicknesses cut
out different wave lengths giving improved noise reduction.
Also consider laminated glass for
improved sound reduction, apart from ordinary laminated glass there is
now a new generation of acoustic laminated glasses.
For additional reduction of noise
pollution leave a 4" (104mm) cavity, line the reveals with
acoustic tiles leaving a 3mm gap between the tiles and the prime
window. Once again draught proofing the existing window is vitally
important, you would be amazed that people/firms do not carry out this
- Will it reduce heat
- Yes, the cavity formed between the prime and secondary windows is an
effective thermal insulator, if the cavity is more than 4"
(104mm) then you can get thermal currents within it that will decrease
the insulation value.
- Will I need to re-decorate?
- No, one of the big advantages of secondary double glazing is the
fact the nothing is disturbed, our secondary glazing is even
pre-finished so that you do not even need to paint it,
- How do I place and pay for my order?
can order by phone, fax, email or letter, (see below for our contact
We accept secure credit card payments over the telephone: 0870 8500
710, international +44 01325 310520. We accept
the following credit cards: visa, switch and mastercard.
You can post us a cheque, made payable to
Blue Bridge Centre
Company Registration Number - 02856348
- How long will delivery take?
takes between 2 - 4 weeks
- What are the advantages of Secondary Glazing?
advantages are: Reduced noise pollution, Lower heating costs, Added
Security, Increased Comfort
- How long would it
take to install?
- Installation, either by yourself or us (within the north east
of England) is quick, mess free and stress free. all secondary glazing
units come fully assembled and glazed, please do not confuse our
product with diy kits, our product is good enough for the managers
office of our local NatWest Bank and a £35,000 installation for
Industrial Estates Scotland.
- What tools will I need to install secondary glazing?
- the sub-frames are predrilled, so you will need a screw driver
or better still a cordless.
Once again we must stress that the
product arrives to you fully assembled, glazes and shrink wrapped.