The company was established in May 1978 as a
specialist glass company and manufacturer of hermetically sealed
insulating glass units (double glazing), drawing on the experience
of the directors within the glass industry the company quickly
gained a reputation for quality products, at the right price and
delivered on time. Customers included many local councils and
household names such as Everest, Anglian, Magnet and Solaglas.
Originally established as a partnership we became a limited company
in April 1985, (registration number 02856348),
You can check this out by going to Companies House and searching
for Protech Limited the free web check area. Please use the following
link - http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/WebCheck/fastrack/
(Opens in a new window)
For your peace of mind we are FENSA registered (reg no.12060),
we are also licensed by the Office of Fair Trading (reg no.594886)
and have full and comprehensive Public Liability Insurance to
the value of £3 million and £10 million Employee Liability
We are also licensed by the Environment Agency (reg no. YDA/149960)
and we are members of the Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF).
(Membership Number - A2701) . We are Also TrustMark registered
through the GGF.
We are one of a very few number of companies within our industry
who are allowed to accept credit card payments for their products,
due to the "here today, gone tomorrow" nature
of the double glazing trade credit card companies do not want
to deal with this industry.
Your confidence in us can be further re-enforced by the fact that
we own our premises outright and do not operate from rented premises,
all of our manufacturing equipment and office equipment is also
wholly owned by the company and NOT subject to lease or finance
We have been trading successfully on the Internet since September
Spring is here again and so we thought we'd show you a few pictures
of our building in its beautiful surroundings so that everyone can
enjoy Protech in bloom. Rememember we have many products to help
you improve your own surroundings and make the most of what will
hopefully turn out to be a glorious summer.
- The company is 31 years old in May.
- We have recently launched www.Protechsecure.com for your security,
peace of mind and confidence when communication with us or placing
an order. The site is secured using the very latest encryption
for total security.
- We have also recently launched www.Protechtestimonials.com,
where you can view peoples experiences when dealing with our
- January 2009 Happy New Year from the staff
- New Year, new image, we are replacing our staff photo with
an updated picture. We have quite a range to choose from, we
are so undecided about which picture to use we are asking you
to vote. Select the picture you like the best below using our
online poll and the winning picture will be displayed on the
front of all our websites.
Online Protech Staff Image Poll
|Image 1 - Click on the image
||Image 2 - Click on the image
|Image 3 - Click on the image
||Image 4 - Click on the image
**Please scroll down for the rest
of the company history. (This is a long page)
|REST OF THE COMPANY HISTORY
- August 2008 sees us partnered with Hitachi
Capital who are part of leading electronics firm Hitachi Electronics.
We can now offer consumer finance on our supply and fit products.
We are also working with them to enable us to offer consumer
finance to our supply only products.
- We have been settled in our new building for a full year (You
can see above pictures of our new building). We are also celebrating
the company's 30th Birthday, which was established
back in 1978.
- We have recently had our products featured on two popular
DIY television shows. Our Interior Glass Doors have been featured
on Channel 4's Property Ladder. They have also
been used on BBC's DIY SOS programme, which
will be aired later this year.
- Notable Orders for 2008
- We have received another order from Germany for one of our
- We secured our first order to the continent of Africa
- We sold our first conservatory to Jersey and the
- While we sell many, many conservatories to Ireland,
we have now sold our first Carport to that
area of the globe.
- News for 2007! We have recently moved into
our new premises, the Blue Bridge Centre. As you can see from
the images below we have come a long way since the company was
established in 1978, we were in our old building at Whinfield
Drive for 29 years.
||Protech Limited 1978
||Protech Limited 2007
|The Blue Bridge Centre 1970s
|The Blue Bridge Centre 2008
Other images of our new building
|Protech Limited Customer
Customer Support Team In Meeting
Images open in a new window
- The company was established in May 1978 as
a specialist glass company and manufacturer of hermetically
sealed insulating glass units (double glazing), drawing on the
experience of the directors within the glass industry the company
quickly gained a reputation for quality products, at the right
price and delivered on time. Customers included many local councils
and household names such as Everest, Anglian, Magnet and Solaglas.
- In 1980 upvc window and door manufacturing
was added to our growing list of products and services.
- In 1982 we added secondary double glazing
to our product list.
- 1983 saw the company establish a site glazing
division offering sealed units glazed for builders and self
builders. Contracts up to the value of £250,000 being
regularly secured from national house builders.
- Originally established as a partnership we became a limited
company in April 1985, (registration number
You can check this out by going to www.companieshouse.gov.uk
and searching for Protech Limited in the free web check area,
(The WebCHeck service is available from Monday to Saturday 7.00am
to 12 Midnight UK Time).
- During 1986 conservatory manufacturing was
added to our product range.
- Also during 1986 the company purchased premises
on Whinfield Drive, Newton Aycliffe Industrial Estate WHICH
IT HAD BEEN RENTING SINCE 1978
- 1989 saw the company introduce specialist
glass and window profile optimisation software at a cost £7000.00,
this software means that our pvcu profile waste was reduced
from 15% to 2%, the glass wastage was reduced from 15% to 5%.
The software is still in use today and has paid for it's self
many, many times over. All waste from these products has been
recycled from the day that the company opened its doors in 1978
in respect of glass and in 1980 when we branched into the manufacture
of upvc windows and doors. Our company colours are green and
so was our company ethos many, many years before green issues
became came to the fore.
At the same time automatic glass cutting equipment was installed
offering a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- During the 90's the manufacture and installation of commercial
aluminium windows and doors was also added to our growing portfolio
of products and services, one our the earliest works being carried
out for Durham County Council's architects department.
- September 1996 saw the launch of our very
first web site. www.thebbgroup.co.uk
- In 1997 our Managing Director was interviewed
on Sky Business News by Gerard Tubb in relation to our internet
- 2000 saw the company secure internet orders
from Transco, Isle of White Council, Parliamentary Direct Works
dept for Kensington Palace, Ministry of Defense and Watford
Football Club to name but a few.
- Although we have been involved with secondary glazing since
1982 in March 2000 we launched the web site
www.secondaryglazing.com, the first order coming from Industrial
Estates Scotland (IES) valued in excess of £35,000. Over
the years we have supplied secondary glazing to councils, airports,
local authorities, national house builders, The National Trust
and countless householders. BY COINCIDENCE OUR NEW PREMISES
ARE RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO IES
- In 2001 we fulfilled our first export order
- 2002 saw orders received from Belgium, Switzerland
and Sweden and sash window orders from Italy and Germany and
a conservatory order from Germany.
- 2002 also saw the company dispatch goods
to Monaco, France, Spain, Greece, Ireland, the Isle of Wight,
the Isle of Man, the Orkneys, the Shetlands, Jersey, the Isle
of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides, Bahrain, Germany and Norway,
all in the first half of the year.
- The second half of 2002 brought a continuing
steady stream of orders from Europe and Scandinavia as well
as an order which was dispatched to Yamanashi, near Tokyo, Japan.
- During 2003 amongst the many orders received
included a small order from Miami in Florida and our first conservatory
order from the USA which was delivered to Los Angeles port and
shipped by road to Arizona.
- During 2004 we received the first of quite
a few orders from CERN (The world's largest
particle physics laboratory) in Switzerland. In the same year
we shipped a conservatory to New Haven, Connecticut and one
to Calgary in Canada.
- During 2005 we exported two conservatories
to Holland and one to Portland, Oregon.
- In 2006 the company continues is contolled
growth without borrowings or an overdraught facility, building
on a secure financial base and closely overseen by the directors
and the senior management team.
- In this year our most notable order, amongst many, was for
a conservatory to be shipped to San Diego.
- 2007 saw the company purchase the Blue Bridge
Centre as detailed above, these premises where purchased from
company reserves and are not subject to a mortgage or any borrowings
including overdraft, this also applies to our existing Whinfield
Drive premises which we have retained,
- 2007 Notable Orders
- orders received from the US Airforce and the US Navy,
- First conservatory order from France
- Plastics order to Gibraltar
- French doors to Jersey, Channel Isles,
- 2007 saw the company provide Interior
Glass Doors for a property that was featured on Channel
4's 'Property Ladder'.